Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Guideline clarification for "Diner Stories"

For any wishing to view the complete guidelines for submission, go to the first post from June in this blog. Or if you'd like me to send them to you, e-mail me at diner.stories@yahoo.com. Don't forget the dot between "diner" and "stories."

We are not accepting poems for this collection, I'm sorry to say. I've gotten some beautiful poems from people, but it's just not the right time for them. But these poems make me think the authors have an idea what makes a good diner story. If you've submitted a poem, I encourage you to proffer a story.

Your diners do not have to be set in West Virginia. They can be anywhere. Some of my favorite diners are from out of state. Your diners can be actual or fictional, or actual in a fictional setting, as long as the reader believes them.

Lastly, make your titles intriguing. Getting a bunch of stories titled "The Diner" means I may spend more time than necessary sending e-mails asking if you have something different in mind. Also, just because it's a diner story does not mean "diner" absolutely has to be in the title.

I will read ALL submissions and will treat them all with the respect they are due. Make no mistake about that. I've gotten a few already and I see good things.

This is a good start. I can't wait to see what else is in store.

Good writing . . . and good dinering!

No comments:

Post a Comment